Monday, March 30, 2009

What's Best/What's Easiest

Top Ten Best/Easiest List for March 30, 2009 (note: this is just for today)

Let me set this day up for you. Today is the first day of spring break for my children (and me) Hooray. No carpool! So here is my list- (Best will be listed first. Easiest second)

1. Eggs and toast/pop tarts

2. Reading E.B. White's Stuart Little to the kids at bedtime/Reading Sponge Bob's "Show me the Bunny".

3. making whole wheat bread, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch/defrosting the Uncrustable frozen sandwich

4. calling the soccer families to tell them that my hubby is not coaching this weekend/emailing them (chickening out)

5. blow drying my hair for the first time in 5 days/another day with the hair clip

6. playing educational games with the kids/kids plugged into the television or wii

7. being the pitcher for my fellas/magazine reading by the play set

8. leaving the laundry for another day/leaving the laundry for another day (of course this is just my opinion)

9. vacuuming/swiffering

10. talking to friends about my life/talking to friends about everyone else's life

So I am not saying that I am taking the easy road today. And if I did everything on the "best list" it would be my best mom/wife day ever. But the way I see it folks is that it's all about balance. I think I will be the pitcher and read a little E.B. White at story time after I avoid the laundry and swiffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment