Monday, March 2, 2009

Sandbars

First blog- ever....

Where the sandbar ends....Not here in Macon, Georgia but out there, somewhere. Where the sandbar ends is the perfect name for my blog because when I write I want to be in a place of endless possibilities. That could be anywhere, a sandbar, at the bottom of a mountain (or the top) or in front of a computer screen.

Sandbars are always moving and changing shape. Just like my writing. Isn't it fun to swim out to a sandbar and just look around? You feel such a sense of accomplishment when you get there. Writing does this for me. I like to swim out to a place I have never been before, find my footing, look around and stay awhile. Perhaps accomplish something. Maybe not. It's all in the journey and how you perceive it.

I love writing for children. I imagine children (of all ages) out on my sandbar having a blast or just taking it all in.

I am so excited to be here!

2 comments:

  1. Bets! I LOVE this first entry. What a beautiful metaphor. I will remember it. In fact, you should write a pic book about it! Where the Sandbar Ends... Love it!

    And welcome to the Blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' the name too!! I grew up on the coast of Ga and was obssessed with a sandbar there named 'Pelican's Bluff.'
    Next weekend we are going there for our anniversary and one thing on my list...check out the sandbar and see if it has changed!!!
    Loving the blog so far.

    ReplyDelete