Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Vacation Can't Come Soon Enough

It's mid-March and I am already thinking about vacation. And when I say vacation I mean a trip to the beach. Going to the beach is the ultimate vacation to me. I don't feel like there is an agenda to follow or a place that I have to go. There is the sand, the water, the sun. It doesn't matter if I am on the porch of the balcony looking out, sitting directly on the beach or just listening to the waves from the couch- it's all good.


The laundry can wait. We can snack at 5:00 and I don't worry about spoiling our dinner. If the kids want to stay up late- go for it. That is what the beach is for me- no schedules, no constraints, no have-tos.


I tried to change this picture of me and the boys to a picture of just the beach and water but my computer is not agreeing with me this morning. Oh well. This photo sums it all up for me just fine- Look at the smile on my face. It just doesn't get any wider than that.


87 more days 'til we leave for Florida but who's counting!!!!????!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I was referred here by your friends at Plot This!

    Love the post. I'm a beach gal by birth myself (originally from Florida). So when the hubby says, "where do you wanna vaca?" (which happens rarely...lol) I yell, "To the beach!" And then he rolls his eyes.

    But alas, my kids are toddlers so it can make the beach not the most fun yet...but boy when they are old enough to entertain themselves and not run away...ahhhh sweet waves of perfection here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont think we are going this year until sept - *sigh* I got a bit of beach envy going on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sending peeps your way! Go read my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete