Saturday, February 25, 2012

Ideal Protein Diet - A Weight Loss Journey

Hello. My name is Betsy. It has been __ years since my last post. So there is my confession. On with it...

I started posting about Ideal Protein on DAY 1 of the diet but I guess I did something wrong and my post did not save. So here is DAY 3. I will give you a brief synopsis of my dieting journey and an update of where I am now..

This past September is when I stopped dieting and started putting on some pounds. Summer was over and I took my free pass to start eating garbage again. No more swimsuits= sweets, bread and beer! After too many months of "S.B.B." I started back on weight watchers. That diet has always worked for me. I signed up online. Diet starts, diet ends. ONE DAY. This cycle went on for MONTHS. I only would make it one day. I didn't cheat because I was HUNGRY. I cheated because I would forget I was on a diet. Weight watchers is easy. You can eat what you want. You just have to keep track of your points. That was my failure. So I continued to pay for the online service and didn't diet.

Enter my friend Chan. Truly the dearest friend I have. She has moved away from my town so we don't get to talk or see each other often, but I love her :). I got to see her on a trip to Disney (more S.B.B) and she was shockingly thin. But not the kind of thin that you worry. She was lean and sculpted. Her body looks like something out of a magazine. After being around her two days I was completely motivated to diet.

I must go on the record to say that I do not like FAD diets. It seems like every time you turn around someone has a new diet out there where you have to eat beets and cottage cheese. Or all you can eat cheese and meat. Or starve yourself! I have tried those diets in my early twenties and they work. For as long as you are on them the diets work. Then the weight comes right back. I have always thought, "Diet and exercise is the only way to go". That is why I like weight watchers. But that wasn't working for me. I needed something that I could commit to and something that would change the way I thought about food so I would keep the weight off!

Enter Ideal Protein. Lots of water. Protein shakes, lots of veggies, vitamins, clean proteins (not fatty ones). The diet is specific. However, it has lots of choices.

DAY 1- I was so excited to start. Because I knew I was going on this diet, I ate all the S.B.B's I could (sweets, bread, beer) and then some. Pizza, nachos, wings, Baskin Robins.... So I take my measurements Thursday morning and weigh in. I was not shocked by my numbers because I am a scale-aholic. I email them to my coach- Chan (she now sells Ideal Protein). Day 1 begins.

Breakfast- shake
lunch- salad with approved veggies and ideal protein food
dinner- grilled chicken with salad and veggies.
night snack- ideal protein (IP) pudding

Day 1 went very well. I was not hungry at all. I was a little tired. But, I did not miss any of my favorite foods. NOT AT ALL.

DAY 2- Because I am a scale-aholic I got on the scale. Lost a pound! Woo-hoo. Hard to believe because I drank so much water, I thought for sure my bones were now liquid. Yes, I was on the potty (yes, I still use that word, my kids are little) a bunch but still, I thought my eyeballs were swimming. Eating on Day 2 was just like the first day. But I changed up the veggies and the protein. There are so many choices in the flavors of the shakes and the consistency as well. You can do shakes, drinks, yogurt or pudding. So far I like the consistency of the yogurt the best. The protein at lunch was so good. That is more of a food. Day 1- dill pickle chips (yes, chips!) Day 2- salt and vinegar chips. So end of Day 2, I did feel a little nauseated. I think I felt this way because of the vitamins you have to take.

DAY 3- I had a yummy Wild Berry yogurt and vitamins. I also had a cup of coffee with approved Truvia sweetener and an oz. of skim milk. From what Chan tells me, this is the day that a lot of her clients feel yucky. My body is going through a detox of sorts from sugar. We'll just see. But for now, I feel great and am excited to be moving in the right direction!


18 comments:

  1. Hmm... I think I should try this Ideal Protein diet program if I want to get rid of all of my extra pounds. I've heard only great things about it and I'm sure that if I will follow it properly, I will achieve my goal of losing 15 pounds or maybe 20. I must work really hard and the results won't delay to appear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planar for your article writings and contents fortunately.
    la weight loss supplements

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder why other professionals don’t notice your website much m glad I found this.
    HGH Supplements

    ReplyDelete
  4. Protein diet is very very effective..tummy fat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just started the Ideal Protein Diet as of this past Monday. Today is Day Three and I just had the Vegetable Chili. I put some broccoli in it and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wasp dudes! Awesome stuff keep it up.
    diet

    ReplyDelete
  7. I beyond doubt appreciate your articles and blogs Phen375 Fat Burner

    ReplyDelete
  8. The information in this blog is extremely useful for the people. article

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free.
    Phen375 acheter

    ReplyDelete
  10. I even have been gifted for hours and I haven't suffered such awesome stuff. Rush Nutra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is such like that I have run out of words!!! Really superb Christa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanx for Sharing your knowledge.. Thumbs up!

    Weight Loss

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing the information. That’s a awesome article you posted. I found the post very useful as well as interesting. I will come back to read some more.
    estrosense reviews

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its good protein diet. See here for further protein foods plan for a successful weight loss. http://www.amazingaus.com/high-protein-meal-plan-for-weight-loss/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very good post. See here to lose weight very quick and healthy. http://www.amazingaus.com/low-calorie-lunch/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! i am very impressed with your lovely post.. i am so glad to left comment so interesting read, would love to read more here....
    aor quercetin

    ReplyDelete